We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nokia Express Music 5800 Firmware 40.0.005

Dellman

Likes # 0

I've finally upgraded the software on the Nokia phone, however, I don't notice any difference to the phone. The firmware upgrade is saupposed to add features like kinetic scrolling etc. I've checked the sofware on the phone and it reads as being version 40.0.005. Anything else that I need to do so that the changes kick-in???

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I am not sure if your thread has a typo but my phone is running 50.5.005. If that is not what you have, I wouldn't change it yet. My 5800 has suddenly started discharging its battery in a few hours even when I do not use it. There are a number of posts on forums about problems with this update so I would bide my time if I were you.

I complained and am currently waiting for deleivery of a new battery (under warranty) to see if that helps

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Sorry. but I have just realised that your initial post is over 1 month old. Have you made any progress?

Like this post
Dellman

Likes # 0

Its 40.5.005 on mine. I had a txt from Nokia to update to latest version and that was what was available. I haven't checked since as to what is now available..but it seems stable.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have now given up waiting for my battery and have done what a Nokia forum suggested and reset the phone. All is now back to normal using firmware 50.5.005 previously downloaded via OVI Suite.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have had a similar experience with premature discharge on the 5800, but have bought about five cheap ones from different sellers on e-Bay.
I now don't know which one was the original!

Best two last for up to a week and are marked Nokia "made in Korea" and an unknown source N-Power silver colour.

Apart from one in phone, I keep one in pocket wrapped up in polythene to stop it shorting, one in car, one on charge and one for losing!!

All were about £3 or less.

Also extra car and mains charger bundle for £3.50 inc postage. They go in my travel bag so I never forget to pack one.

This solves the problem of a 67 yr old memory losing a marble a day.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer