We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I'm thinking of ditching the old CRT Telly...maybe

six-h

Likes # 0

and saw this, just got to convince myself that I really need it! lol click here I don't understand all the specs, but there is one entry that seems contradictory.
It's billed as an "LCD" TV, but in the "key Features", it says: - "LED Backlight...No"
Can anyone give an appraisal?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Too expensive for my liking.

From what I read it is a LCD TV with a LED back light. Wikipedia will give you a little information
click here

Like this post
six-h

Likes # 0

Thanks BRYNIT, must admit, I'm finding it a bit difficult to countenace the cost!
I do understand the concept of LED backlighting, but though this unit is billed as an LED telly, the "Features" list it as NOT having LED Backlighting!
Somewhat of a contradiction methinks.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

You are right it is a little confusing but it looks like a printing error in this paragraph.

"The ground-breaking monolithic design of this Sony Bravia KDL46NX703 LED TV will make a style statement in any room. Every detail has been carefully considered, from the contrast of high-quality materials to the flush screen surface which looks spectacular whether it’s on or off"

I think it should have been Sony Bravia KDL46NX703 LCD TV.

From the Sony web site click here it does say "46” (117cm), Full HD 1080, LCD TV with Edge LED, Monolithic Design & built-in Wi-Fi access"

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Don't buy a Sony TV as their customer service is crap. They would not support me with a problem I had with a KV 32 tv after freeview was upgraded last year. After the attempted download of new stations the tuner froze and all they would say was "take it to a local engineer but he will charge for the service. They in efect washed their hands of the whole thing.

End result KV 32 TV went out and a new Samsung came in. Sony lost out because of their attitude. And will continue to do so for ever more.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Because the Tech Spec is changing all the time .
If your current CRT is OK and giving good service don;t change - yet- wait until you have to.

Migwell

Servicing your TV -make not withstanding is for your seller whilst under warranty- that is possibly why Sony themselves were not co operative.
It pays always with high tech stuff to go to a retailer that gives good cover- you may pay a little more- but the shop wont quibble
Checkout John Lewis or M&S for example.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do