We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with AVCHD movie files from my digital camera

tardis100

Likes # 0

I have recently bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ38 digital camera. I didn’t buy it for it’s movie option but seeing that it was there I decided to have a go. The movies are saved in an AVCHD Lite format and while they play on the camera when I connect the camera to my laptop or put the Sandisk 4GB SDHC card straight into my Laptop all the “still” pics transfer over but there is no sign of the movie clips - they just do not show up at all. Put the card back in the camera and there they are again!! Can anyone offer help as to why they do not appear to transfer to my laptop? I have since realised that I can change the recording mode to .mov files and I have done this and those that I have taken since do transfer over to the laptop but still not the AVCHD files. I am using Windows XP Professional.

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Finding them is a little obscure: Any help?

click here

Like this post
tardis100

Likes # 0

Thanks Anchor I've read up on Pinnacle but don't feel like shelling out about 50GBP as these were only short practise movies and I wont be using AVCHD again - (Panasonic also provide software for the files but if I can't get them over to the computer it's not much use!) anyway I do appreciate you taking time to offer a solution - thanks very much.

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

Try asking customer support how to upload the files to your PC

0844 844 3852

Monday to Thursday 9:00 - 17:30, and Friday 9:30 - 17:30

Like this post
tonyt1151

Likes # 0

I have a Panasonic TZ7 which also records movies in AVCHD and I had to download the Panasonic Photofun HD software to be able to play the movies on PC. Once done no more problems

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...