We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying new phone cheaply from Ebay??

newearwax

Likes # 0

Without going in to details, I noticed that some sellers on Ebay have mobiles for sale, unlocked, that appear to be much cheaper than when bought from say CPW.

Does anyone have opinions how genuine and trustworthy the Ebay sellers are?

Like this post
PP321

Likes # 0

Read thier feedback and see what others say about them

Like this post
newearwax

Likes # 0

Yep, there is that, but others' experiences beyond EBay reports might well be a useful addition.

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

My rule of thumb is never spend what u can't afford to lose! Having said that EBay protect their buyers much more than their sellers, so provided you make sure u buy on ebay UK and pay with Papal ( & check out the seller as suggested above ) you should be ok!

Like this post
newearwax

Likes # 0

Thanks, guys, for the advice. :)

I'll have to do some delving and thinking

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I would not buy from a private individual, it is highly likely it is stolen or still on contract to provider.

I saw a cheap nearly new Nokia Express 5800 for about half price,

I asked the seller if there were any ownership snags to it and received an aggressive, rude reply saying if I wanted it "Just send the money and don't waste my F****** time.

E-bay delisted him, but he could easily open up again under another name.

Like this post
hatrickj

Likes # 0

I wouldn't anyway. I'd much rather pay a fair price to a reputable discounting trader.

Like this post
MobileMan1

Likes # 0

There has been a huge rise in second hand mobile phones recently, you see all the adverts for people like Mazuma and others. Some fo these do end up on ebay as mobile phones are more like a currency now and sold by the tonne!

You can always compare new mobile prices at <a href="click here" title="Compare Mobile Phone Prices">click here;/a> and see if others apart from CPW have a better deal.

Like this post
hatrickj

Likes # 0

@MobileMan1

2nd link did not work

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I agree, second link didn't work, also first link did not throw up that on the phone I entered, Nokia 5800Express and others, Nokia is giving free SatNav away, so no need to add it to your contract!

Like this post
curtis01

Likes # 0

I can guarantee that ebay is a good online market. They are known to be the most reliable market on the net.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android L vs iOS 8 comparison preview: Apple vs Google software showdown

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

Why Google bought Songza. Scratch that: what is Songza?

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July