We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

micro sd card reader - recommendation?

kidsis

Likes # 0

does anyone use such an external card reader, and can you recommend one? I have been looking at the sandisk but would welcome any ideas.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

click here
Then try Amazone- A partner trader sole me one for £7 or so.
Within the last 2 weeks

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Just buy a cheap micro sd disc.

They nearly all come with an adaptor to fit a normal card slot.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

or one of these for £3.99 delivered it seems reasonable.
click here

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

or for micro (misread the post) one of these...
click here

at £1.99 delivered

Like this post
kidsis

Likes # 0

thanks for replies guys. awest, never heard of 7day shop - are they "ok"? £1.99 is a good price though.
Jack, I have seen that type of thing in my searches but didn't think they looked too robust - I'll look again.
morddwyd - not sure what you mean by micro sd disk.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

yep..been buying from them for 5 years or more...never had a problem..

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Is a reliable and well known outfit .
The Fuji one mentioned in incorporated in a USB'Stick' pretty tough.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

As morddwyd says , micro SD cards usually come mounted inside a normal sized SD card such that the normal sized SD card reader can be used, so you should not need a special one if you have a normal card reader already.

Like this post
kidsis

Likes # 0

thanks all for the information, I will be choosing soonest. John Bunyan - thanks for the info, that explains some of the pictures I have seen. The card I have did not come with a normal sized card.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I think some special mobile phone cards dont have the mount as a standard. Cheap enough to buy a micro SD in a mount from the likes of ASDA or TESCO and ensure it is the same size as yours.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia