We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Plasma TV connection help

Dirk Diggler

Likes # 0

Okay, a word of warning - Total tech newbie here so apologies now for any silly questions lol

Tomorrow we have a Samsung PS42B450B1WXXU being delivered, and I just wanted some advice on the best way to connect it all up

We currently have a Samsung DVD recorder and a standard Virgin Media Box.

Am I correct in thinking I can (by using SCART) connect Virgin box to DVD, DVD to new TV (TV only has 1 SCART input)

The DVD does not have a HDMI output so I know this is not an option

Obviously we want to be able to record the Virgin signal to the DVD recorder.

Any problems / issues anyone can see with me doing this, and any things I need to look out for when setting this up

Many thanks

Like this post
Zorst

Likes # 0

That should work fine. Don't forget to plug your external arial into the arial socket on the TV if you want to be able to watch Freeview while you record a different channel from your Virgin Media box.

Like this post
Dirk Diggler

Likes # 0

I had hoped that would be the case

Also many thanks for the aerial reminder - Looking forward to delivery day now :-)

Cheers again

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Does your DVD recorder have a "Record whats on screen button. If so connect Virgin box via HDMI then use scart for DVD recorder.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...