We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freeview+ box

EFC1878

Likes # 0

Given the switch to digital I am looking for a device to maintain the tv reception and also replace the old vcr that my dear old mum uses. Freeview+ seems to be a miore logical answer than a dvd recorder and I was hoping somebody could suggest a good one/ good buy

Cheers

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

I have been using an Humax box, a pvr 9200, for years now without problems. touching wood as i type.

c

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

I have a Humax PVR click here. I have the 9300T model, which I am very happy with and find easy to operate. There are however a whole range of PVRs available from Humax.

Like this post
CFC23

Likes # 0

I have a Topfield,very good!
Lots of advice here click here

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

I have a Hunmax PVR 9300T and live in an area that is on the boundary between the old transmitter and a one in Wales. The Humax has been a real pain as it now prefers Welsh programmes and my old English language programmes from Winter Hill have disappeared. Despite lots of technical input I haven't been able to solve the problem even though my TV works correctly on WH. So I can view my preferrred transmitter on my DTT TV but only record Welsh origin programming on the Humax and of course they aren't the same. Real pain.

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 0

1st one i bought was from asda, turned out to be very useless, i didnt tune in. got my money back.

2nd one i bought from the refund was from tesco's brand name dion very good worked within 30 seconds tuned up within 30 seconds and very happy with it.
works by remote control. Fantastic reception

make sure you use an roof aerial to get reception

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...