We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon EOS Utility Launch Problem

HollBoy

Likes # 0

Hi. The software for my Canon EOS400D digital camera has, for no apparent reason, stopped working. Error message " EOS Utility - Application Cannot be Launched". Tried reinstalling but same message.

Any ideas please?

Like this post
^wave^

Likes # 0

i think you need to uninstall it and then try ccleaner and then try and install

Like this post
HollBoy

Likes # 0

No its not launching from root folder either. Ta for all your continued ideas.

Like this post
HollBoy

Likes # 0

Have reset the USB controllers in Device Manager. Now the following ....

Canon EOS Digital window opens when connect camera with lead and turn on BUT it says : Camera connected and asks for program to launch for this action but nothing below to choose from. Box below “always use this program for this action” can be checked but OK button not highlightable. Nothing happens

Still unable to launch application box if click icon or go through root folder.

Does this shine any more light?

ps Canon insist its OS (XP) issue. Microsoft support (ha ha this should read daylight robbery) wants to charge £46

Like this post
curtat

Likes # 0

Hello, I have a PC with XP Service Pack 3. And I have Canon Digital Profesional package program installed. It was working fine, until I got PC DOC Pro 5, latest version, installed. Then I got the message "The application cannot be launched". The tech support from PC Doc Pro told me to restore (rescue button on PC Doc Pro), I did that as many times beginning from the last backup until the Canon Digital Profesional was working again. Apparently the PC DOC Pro is removing a file within windows. I have also tried to remove Canon Digital Profesional and re-install it, but that does not work. The only thing that works is restore from within PC DOC PRO, but that renders that unuseful, because I am back to square one. In other words if I am not using PC DOC PRO everything is fine.
Is there anyone who can tell me the name of that file within Windows XP that is being removed?

Like this post
curtat

Likes # 0

I have also a laptop with Vista, and also with PC DOC PRO it works there.

Like this post
HollBoy

Likes # 0

Ta for input but dont have/use PC Doc Pro... Still at a loss as to how to make it work again. Canon reluctantly helped awhile despite insisting its an XP OS problem but they've gone quiet now....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite