We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Handy cam dcr-hc27 recording trouble

hocuspocus

Likes # 0

Hiya ive just put my handy cam DCR-HC27 direct to my freeview HD, it usually works a treat but today for some reason its jumping into a type of self checking session.

It then skips through different camera views. B&W, sepia and pixilated, then safe shot and it looks like the camera is shaking and then I get a battery level simulated sign then levels of battery percentage and it turns off.

None of this comes through to the HD unit but it turns off once its run through the settings?

Its around every 15 to 20 minutes.

Ive never had it happen before and i've done filming direct to HD a few times now, up to 5 hours?? for quick set up CCTV and family events its great no tape worry.

Any one have any clues.

i had posted this elsewhere in the forum but think in the wrong place..sorry :)

Like this post
hocuspocus

Likes # 0

ok ive been daft. ive found the answer incase anyone else has the same trouble. on screen menu and turn the demo "in stand by" ..off.

hope this helps someone
thanks

Like this post
LAP

Likes # 0

'ok ive been daft' but you had a problem you found the answer and more importantly YOU gave a result. This may help others. Nice one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes