We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help choosing a scanner...

R0X45

Likes # 0

I need a new scanner which will allow me to make high quality scans of my drivers license, passport etc. but have no idea which one to go for.

I also don't want to spend too much on one because I hardly ever use them.

Any recommendations? =3

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Why do you neeed high quality scans of Drivers License, Passport, Etc. If its for things like getting Mortgages or buying/selling property a photocopy is normally sufficient. Its best not to have too good a copy.

If you don't use it very much any of the cheaper ones will be more than adequate.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Just make sure it is a flatbed so that you can lift the lid to do books etc. I have a Microtek that I have used for years. There are plenty to chose from £40. click here

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Can you trust a photocopier?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Not if you are a government whistle-blower.
I heard a rumour several years ago that in some departments documents are altered by the digital copiers to leave a 'signature' in the letter spacing on each copy so that in the event of a leaked copy being found it can be traced.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...