We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung TV - LE32S7 - Remote Control

Border View

Likes # 0

We have a Samsung LE32S7 Flatscreen TV. The remote control buttons for sound and program (both up and down on each) are not working as they should. You can press them for ages and nothing happens.

I have changed the batteries. Other buttons work without a hitch.

Questions - can anyone suggest how to remedy the problem with these buttons.

If I do need to replace the remote where is the best place to get one. I have been bouncing around the web this morning but cannot find the specific model LE32S7 on any of the web sites.

Do I buy an original or is there such a thing as a compatible.

Like this post
oldbeefer3

Likes # 0

If you Google 'programable tv remote', you will find a vast choice if you are unable to locate the Samsung one.

Like this post
oldbeefer3

Likes # 0

I have, in the past, taken a remote to bits and cleanded the pressure pad. The only fiddle is locating the securing clips which hold the case together.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Thanks oldbeefer3. I havent been able to find the securing clips either.

Like this post
oldbeefer3

Likes # 0

I was able to find them (on mine) by easing a sharp knife along the join - when it stopped, a little twist popped open that clip. Continued around the join for the rest.

Like this post
Shuffty

Likes # 0

Try these urls the come a bit pricey though

click here

click here

click here

click here

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Hi Shufty = thanks for that. Looks like £43.99 is the going price for the one for my tv.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...