We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

itunes help

davecooper

Likes # 0

I am fairly new to itunes having always used other applications for music management. I have set up a folder on itunes for all downloaded and ripped singles. If these singles have come from an album, I can't seem to disassociate them from this album and put them into my singles folder. If I edit the info for the track and change the album title to that of my singles folder, the parent album just gets renamed as my singles folder with both appearing on the desktop rather than the single appearing in my singles folder. Effectively I want to make a compilation album from downloaded/ripped singles. Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In iTunes, click "View" . I leave it as "list". There are view options , which I have not used , but may help you.

Like this post
davecooper

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help. itunes seems to be another one of those applications that tells you what you want rather than allowing you to easily choose. Never mind, besides that it's fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do