We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

divx/xvid player - budget model that doesnt jump?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

can anyone recommend a reasonable quality divx/xvid player that doesnt jump/be all jerky on high bitrate video? I encoded alot of short videos to xvid (from a relatives rubbish phone). The quality was good for the final dvd-r with all the videos in folders, but my philips divx player will jump on a few, whilst others are perfect-and i really dont want to re-encode! my friends player plays them no problem, but he's ran off and i cant find out the make. i think most are fairly cheap now, so does anyone have a player that plays every avi file ever thrown at it, and can recommend it? thanks. I think I asked this before but ended up with another rubbish philips model, lol, perhaps their newer models are better, but I need proof, lol

thanks for any help

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

This will do your job and very inexpensive click here, I have a previous version of this and have had no issues - remote was a bit tacky but at the price its ok

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I think the jerking was my fault really, never sticking to the same program when converting videos from phone or camera, but its impossible to work out what bitrates a player will start jumping at, as each player is different. I will probably give the old philips player away- although its remote was pretty decent, lol ;) thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...