We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitors - which would you choose?

numskull

Likes # 0

Can't decide between an Iiyama E2209HDS or a Viewsonic VX2260WM.
I have read that the Viewsonic has a very annoying, bright LED light.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

Other suggestions would be welcome.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I have been having the same problem.
I initially was looking for a big monitor,bigger than my Acer AL2202w widescreen monitor that I have had for a couple of years now, and have been very pleased with.
I have now decided on this one after much research
click here
yes it is not cheap but it has excellent reviews and has IPS as apposed to a TN screen.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

That one is just a bit expensive.

Like this post
Grantrh

Likes # 0

I have a viewsonic one at work and I am not particularly impressed, either in build quality or display.
I would go with the Iiyama.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i also have a u2410 and its the best monitor ive ever seen in real life

i got mine for a tad under 400, but its way more than your others

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i spent ages looking at monitors a few months back and it came down to either a dell ultrasharp or samsung t24

a pack of wrong info from the dell indian call centre put me off. the sales line just agreed with everything you asked without checking the spec which destroyed any confidence in placing a order.

i bought a samsung from a local richards shop outlet which was cheaper that a net order.

Like this post
numskull

Likes # 0

I bought an iiyama E2208hds in the end.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I bought a Hanns G from MISCO, using with digital output, excellent graphics & colour, price very reasonable.
Terry

Like this post
jitendrasnv

Likes # 0

Hi,

If i would be at your place then i will chose the view-sonic as it has good picture quality and better resolution also.

Thanks

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more