We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panasonic TV and media server

awest3

Likes # 0

I've got a Panasonic LCD TV TX-L37V10B, excellent TV. It's got built in freesat and freeview along with viera-cast (sort of internet connection but with few sites available) and something called media server which, when connected via a rj45/ethernet cable should give me access to files on my PC.
Dell 530s, vista sp2, 4 gig memory.

On trying to run this with ethernet connected I get 'Server not found' so question is...what do I have to do to get the media server running.?

Do I have to buy some software..?

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

hmm..reviewing my installation manual again..its my eyes...I find I should have something called TwonkyMedia server provided or at least a key to be able to download it....I'll have to look through the rest of the documentation to find...

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Found the key..download the media server...all works a treat...music files (Itunes) although shown do not play nor some video types. I expect that my ACVHD files from my PAnasonic HD camcorder will, but not tested as yet..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes