We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I connect my PC to Plasma TV ?

Paul33

Likes # 0

I'm really struggling with this one so any help appreciated.

I have an XP Pro PC and a Plasma TV with HDMI input and I want to hook up so that I can view my PC on the TV screen.

I have a DVI - HDMI cable but when I hook up to the PC, nothing happens. When I check my video card control panel, it doesn't allow me to have dual outputs (settings are greyed out) and the only active option seems to be analog output.

I've tried putting a DVI-VGA adapter on one end of the cable but, again, nothing appears on the TV.

I'm clearly doing something stupid wrong here or maybe my video card is not the right one (NVIDIA Ge-Force 7025/nForce 630a).

Any ideas ?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

You need to connect the computer to the TV when they are switched off. Switch TV on and change to HMDI channel switch the computer on and you should now be able go into the display options to use the dual output.

Does your computer have a HDMI connection if it does it is better to connect the HMDI to HMDI and will also allow you to have the sound through your TV.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room