We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sat nav with cycle maps and road maps?

templeLobe

Likes # 0

Hi I'm after a sat nav for car use and cycling.

For the car use it must have speed camera warnings (with update capabilities) - traffic warnings if pos.

Now on the cycling mode it must have cycling mapping or off road mapping. A lot of sat navs have both car mode and cycle mode but don't have adequate off road mapping which is frustrating!

If there is a good car sat nav with cycle lanes as well then this would be perfect! But i would settle for off road mapping if not

Does anyone know of such a device?

Thanks in Advance
Andy

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Check MemoryMap out click here you should get what you want from them.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Also check out Windows Mobile PDAs, they can run MemoryMap mapping. I run an oldish Mio P550 running Tom Tom 6, OS 1:250k, 1:50k, 1:25k and A/Z of South Yorks... but I'm a map junkie.

Like this post
templeLobe

Likes # 0

cheers quickbeam, i'll let you know how i get on

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Also check out Anquete mapping click here I thought their software was slower than MemoryMap 5 years ago, but it must have improved by now. They both do free trial to make your own mind up.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

This could be the dual road/cycle product that you want click here rather than a walking/biking only device like this one click here.

The advantage of the PC based MemoryMap/Anquete mapping that download maps to your portable device, is that you can also print off the area you want to use, draw on it, make notes etc and then just chuck it when it's too scruffy to use anymore. I'm not sure if the Road Angel gives you that function.

Have you checked out click here they know everything about GPS systems and devices. And have good reviews of all the products available.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days