We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

tv with internet option

LANDCRUISER

Likes # 0

as awest3 i do have the same problem & was looking at his thread,these plugs that connect to the mains looks like the answer for me,what i like to know is,do you still use your router or do you discard the router,i have my desktop wired to the router,could you tell me how to set the plugs up to the pc ect

Like this post
ArrGee

Likes # 0

It might be worth re-posting this without reference to awest3.

The only plugs that connect to the mains are for power and on one side are three-pin (usually into a wall socket or extension lead from a wall socket) and the other side can vary depending on the hardware requirements.

The next stage is to have an ethernet cable between the router and the PC in place.

Then turn on the PC, wait until it is fully up and running, then power-up the router and re-post here any problems.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

The plugs which we were talking about in the original thread have ethernet connections at the rear, the idea is that you plug one into the mains by the TV and run an ethernet cable from the rear of the plug into the ethernet socket on the tv. Then you plug another into the mains by the router and run an ethernet cable to the router. They then communicate through the mains house wiring. I decided to run an ethernet cable directly from the TV to the router just to test it and it worked ok...now I have to hide the wiring somehow...might still end up with these plugs..hope this helps..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more