We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nvidia 3D

tigertop2

Likes # 0

Has any one got experience of trying the Nvidia 3D software?

I have a 3D ready system with the Samsung SM 2233RZ monitor and a compatible GPU plus the 3D Vision Kit. It ticks all the boxes on the compatability test programme. However I am finding the software a nightmare to get loaded So far Nvidia have not come up with the right answers albeit I know it is working with other users and in theory it should not be a problem to run with the correct drivers. The drivers seem to be my problem right now.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Finally got 3D Vision working -and it works wondrously well! However I am disappointed with two aspects. The documentation and CD accompanying my 3D Vision kit was hopeless and out of date by a big margin. One wonders if the paperwork has all been corrupted somewhere in language translations. Secondly I would have hoped for a quicker and more analytical response to my 4 emails to Nvidia over the past 5 days. Only the first of which received a reply. I still have heard nothing re my Samsung query but I now know the Samsung 2233RZ is only set up for DVI input (although you have to reset it at 120Hz to get the 3D working)

I finally found how to set up the 3D software from an obscure Microsoft 'social affairs' forum in the USA . If I had not found this site and realised that others had similar problems with Windows 7 and getting the right order for Nvidia software loading, and in particular the 3D stereo drivers I could still be totally lost. Somebody in Nvidia needs to review the whole 3D set up process as it is not as intuitive as they claim
Having said all that -it works and so far I am very pleased with. I have yet to run MS Flight Sim in 3D but it should make a real difference doing so. Case closed I think

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days