We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Humax freesat + FOXSAT-HDR

Border View

Likes # 0

We are giving serious consideration to buying the Humaz freesat + FOXSAT-HDR. Main reason to record freesat programs.

If anyone has one of these can you tell me are you able to record programs which will automatically skip the adverts. When watching (not recording) is there a way to skip the adverts.

Would welcome your comments please.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Another thought - do you get all the Channel 5 channels on freesat? If not are you able to switch from freesat to freeview (our tv has integrated freeview).

Like this post
anchor

Likes # 0

I know almost nothing about this recorder, but I very much doubt that you can skip the adverts whilst recording. I always record programmes with commercial breaks, then play them back with fast forward during the ads.

It would seem impossible to skip the ads when watching live.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Thanks anchor, thought I was asking for the moon.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

No it doesn't skip adverts. You can't receive any encrypted programmes. You will be restricted (at present) to BBC HD and the very limited amount of ITV HD. Most HD programming is encrypted and therefore subscription based. BBC1 etc and ITV1 etc are not currently in HD so it's SD.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

having had one for 6 months now I can safely say it is a very nice piece of well manufactured hardware and sensible software

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Thank you dms_05 and tigertop2 for responding

Like this post
LANDCRUISER

Likes # 0

i do have one & works well with my pan tv,at the moment you get hd for bbc & itv & yes you get ch 5, had it for 3 months now & its great

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Thanks Landcruiser

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

I've had one now for a few months and my brother foe a year, both of us have had no problems, a great piece of kit and very easy to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room