We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panasonic LCD TV and Sky tv link

awest3

Likes # 0

I have Sky+ HD in the lounge and a SKY TV link running to the dining room.
In the dining room I had an old Toshiba CRT TV which worked fine with the link.

Today I've installed a larger Panasonic 37" LCD in the lounge and moved the 32" one into the dining room and I can't get the link to work (if I switch the Toshiba back in it works ok, so the link seems to be fine).

On the Toshiba I had to switch to channel 6 to pick up the Sky link, but with the new set that's not an option - all channels seem to be used for Freeview. I have tried all the other inputs AV1, AV2s and AV3S to no avail.

According to the LCD manual it should automatically switch to Sky once the Sky+HD is switched on..it does this in the lounge but not in the dining room (on the sky link).

I'm obviously missing something but can't spot it.

Any suggestions on how to solve this would be gratefully received.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

"all channels seem to be used for Freeview"

there should be an option to access the old analogue channels, on my LG there is a D/A button which changes between digital and analogue aerial input.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

looking at the online manual, pressing the 'TV' button on the remote should cycle through Freesat/Freeview/Analogue/Other Sat.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

oops, the manual refers to the 37" TV, not sure what make your 32" is.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

The signal from the Sky box via the TV link will be analogue. Have you tuned the Panasonic TV into the correct analogue channel.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Thamks for these I'll have a look

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Thanks for your help...the sky link is indeed analogue, now why didn't I think of that? :-)

I've tuned it in and all working ok..

Thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger