We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Headphones + Rechargeable Batteries

kwil2

Likes # 0

Just over a year ago I bought a pair of Tevion wireless headphones from Aldi. They've proved an excellent buy.
I use them solely for late-night TV watching. They came with four AAA batteries with a capacity of 500mAh.
Being NiMH, they don't need discharging before any new recharge.
The unit uses two batteries at a time, so I always have two spare.
They can be charged in excess of 1000 times and there's no way I've come close to that.
However, of late, all four are draining very much more quickly than before, despite no increase in use.
Because of this, I bought a pack of NiMH's from Maplins with a capacity of 1000mAh.
However, despite being fully charged (I have a battery tester etc just to be sure) they're lasting barely half an hour!
Even standard AAA's last considerably longer than that!
I tested them in other devices and they performed very well, so I can't understand why they do so badly with the Tevion.
Nowhere in the instruction booklet does it say the headphones can't be paired with a higher capacity battery.
Besides, even if the original batteries are on the way out, getting 500mAh replacements seems not on. Maplins' latest are 2000mAh and the only way is up!
So, I'm stumped.
Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
Thanks

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Thanks again to all....
hcsutton: 'high-powered'?...I thought that's what my Maplins 1000mAh were...and, like I said...useless.
Tosh: once again, I did buy the Maplins ones with that 'twice as long' thought in mind...again, no deal.
Not too confident of 'upping' the capacity just to find out...
Seems to me if 1000 won't work, then with the exception of normal batteries, neither will anything larger.
Thanks anyway...

Like this post
tricmatt

Likes # 0

Hi All...

Thanks to Jack.

Was reading this forum earlier as i have these headphones but for a long time couldnt get the green charge light to come on, and even though i had bought 1.2v Ni-mH batteries as specified under the ear cups on the actual headphones, they didnt work (constant noise etc).

I simply followed the earlier advice of peeling off the outer battery labelling and...

FIXED PERFECTLY.. green light on, charging and sounding great.

1000mah duracell batteries being used.

THANKS!

Like this post
james55

Likes # 0

Have a look at the negative end of the battery compartment of your headphones and if they are contacts on either side in addition to the usual spring contact then you will have to peel back the battery so it can make contact with them. Your original batteries will have no cover over that area. This has to be done with Philips Headphones if not using their batteries.

Jim.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......