We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB cable from phone to pc, picture transfer!

gazmix

Likes # 0

Hi

I have this a SGH-G600 Samsung phone with picture on it that i want on my pc!

I have a USB cable that i can plug in the phone & then the pc, but there seems no way to transfer pics over!
It looks for software!
I thought i could just send pics via the cable as jpeg images to my folder of choice!

Help appreciated

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I have a few MP4 & 3GP files on my phone, that are videos, but i can't seem to open them via the same way!

Would i need to set my phone to Media player?

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

Ok, i used the mass storage setting & managed to resize them to 800x600 for upload!
It seemed strange that when it opened like a USB stick, it showed all folders on memory card & not 'phone' folders!, so i had to transfer all the photos from 'my files>images' to my files>images>memory card images, before i could see them in the E:\ drive folders !!

Like this post
Noels

Likes # 0

With the phone connected via my USB cable as described above then
On my computer I go to :-
Start
All Programmes
Accessories
Scanner and Camera Wizard
and follow the instructions. I download to My Pictures
Hope this helps
Regards
Noels

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Number 4 mass storage device that is what I set my U900 to and when I plug it in it just thinks it is the same as a USB stick and you transfer music, pics etc as drag and drop

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

In phone settings > USB settings i get the options

1. Ask on connection
2. Samsung PC studio (thats default setting)
3. Media Player
4. Mass Storage
5. Printer

which should i set it to & will it stop the wizard starting & i how then do i send photos from my phone to pc?

thanks

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

If you look in the settings on the phone there might be a way of setting the phone to mass storage device while connected by usb, I have the U900 and it will only work that way without the software, if not you should be able to download the required software from Samsung

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

i didn't think i needed a disk!!
i use a digital voice recorder the same via usb & i can send voice recordings to my pc in media player format, but i'm unsure why i can't with pics!

Like this post
gazmix

Likes # 0

I get a 'find new hardware' wizard & it asks me if i want to insert a disk & install the software automatically.
It says it cannot install the hardware as it can't find the software!!

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Does it show if you open 'Computer' or 'My Computer',where it shows your hard drives etc?If so you could copy and paste from there,after double clicking your phone icon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made