We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can phone out but cannot hear incoming voice.

Jock1e

Likes # 0

Hi.Brother in law has a Nokia 96 I think.
He can phone someone but cannot here them reply.
Could it just be something that he has turned off by accident or more likely to be a fault.
it is about 18 months old but was bought in Singapore.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

O2 are having that problem at the moment but not all of the time. All of our company mobiles at work are O2 and you have to phone people a couple of times sometimes

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi not sure if he is on 02 or not he has just gone back to Brussels where he works His customers can hear him ok but he cannot hear them when they reply.
I was just wondering if he had set it some sort of car settings where it would normally come through the speakers.
He has to go by the Nokia repair factory at Huntingdon when coming back home on his next visit so he will probably call in there and see if they can fix it. Thanks for the reply.

Like this post
danielgrooth

Likes # 0

I think the speaker of your phone is not working. you should put it right first.
click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if it was the wrong click here that you posted or not.
Just running my security programs just in case.
It doesn't really apply to me as I drink coffee.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok my Brother in law was back in Singapore about 4 weeks ago and took it back to the shop from where he bought it.
And it cost about £10 to get it fixed so he is quite happy with it now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer