We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Iphone - no service?

Cara2

Likes # 0

Have tranferred my existing mobile number to my iphone - same network. This was done by my Tesco. However, I now have no service including both mobile phone or internet.

Do I have to do something else?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to search for devices?

If so, did it find and register your old phone?

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Will pose new question in new thread.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Thanks for reply.

Old sim was a regular sim and not suitable for Iphone, so number change had to be done via the service provider.

Trial and error I am now up and running in that respect, however I am trying to bluetooth my contacts and am now struggling with that.

Everthing seems in order - with both phones bluetooth set to on, but task fails. Any idea on what I could be missing?

Thanks
Cara

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

but still with the same network - from which I take it that you have simply moved your SIM from one phone to the other?

That's all you need to do, and the new phone will work immediately it's turned on. The SIM is what identifies you to the network, regardless of what phone it's in, provided the phone is either unlocked, or is dedicated to your network. You can't use a T-Mobile phone with a Vodafone SIM for instance.

If there's something I'm not understanding please provide a little more detail, and we'll try to fix the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...