We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What results are you getting with a 3 dongle?

Blackadderthe4th

Likes # 0

Have you been experiencing problems with downloading pod casts etc, on 3? I've heard a rumor that they are shortly going to traffic shape the network. Perhaps other uses are hogging the bandwidth while they can! Any ideas?

Like this post
Voxpop

Likes # 0

I use Vodafone's 1GB mobile dongle with no problems. You can also buy 2GB and 3GB dongles and the good thing is that your credit does not expire after 30 days.

I would ditch 3 and go with Vodafone, which is the best mobile broadband provider.

Voxpop

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Same comment except I have an unlocked '3' dongle that I've used with 3, O2 and Vodaphone. First point is not all service providers have the same service footprint so it's important you chose the right one for your area. Then chose the correct package - Vodaphone if you are an occasional user as the 1GB data limit doesn't time expire. If you use more than 1GB/month have a look at O2. I'd only use '3' if all else failed. But that's just my experience.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I didn't know you could unlock dongles.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My Vodafone dongle always reports a 'very weak' signal, but my Nokia phone on Virgin gives a faster data flow, so I'm using that as my primary mobile BB as it also has unlimited web access on the contract.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room