We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I Pod Touch - problems with update.

john bunyan

Likes # 0

Last Friday my grand daughter's 32 gig iPod touch , bought in June, called for a "i Pod touch / iPhone software update" when plugged in to i Tunes. Usually i tunes updates come in without the device being plugged in. Anyway the download took nearly 2 hours (my broadband is slow at 1 Mbps at the moment) This somehow caused a total problem on the i Pod,various error codes - 1604, 1611 etc. Then I tried to "reset" it but halfway through a message "cannot complete operation" came up. No way could I get things to work. I spoke to Apple and they are sending a box and will deal with it but I am concerned that when it comes back it will not have the paid for wi fi / bluetooth update, and,indeed whether the same problem will recur. There seem to be many others with the same problem on iLounge. I have AVG 8.5 anti virus and Comodo firewall, and wonder if they could be a cause - if so how do I temporarily turn them off when installing the update? (I know that my contract is with J Lewis where I bought it but am happy to let Apple fix it) Any one else with this problem?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Not that I am aware

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks, but then I assume one loses these updates if you reset the iPod.

Like this post
DJ Techz

Likes # 0

Once you connect your iPod Touch, click update software. Once the download has started, you can disconnect your iPod. When it has finished downloading, plug it back in and it will say on the iPod page : 'Update' and it will install the downloaded update

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks. In the end Apple reset it somehow, then I reloaded the tunes, movies etc.I think te updates are ther, when connected it said You have the latest version etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......