We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

High Definition Cam Corders

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm looking into upgrading my Sony Handy to a High Definition Cam Corder what are the best makes at the moment?

Thanks

Rob

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Just bought an HDMI cable for my Panasonic SD200 (see my post above), connected it to the Panasonic telly Fantastic High Def pictures...the camera is worth the money and then some...delighted with it.

Al

Like this post
Wilham

Likes # 0

awest3
Quality wise you have done well, and with card only storage and Panasonic 3CCD optics.

One thing puzzles me. I attributed card ousting both DV60 and disk to the improved SDHC performance over ordinary SD. I must be wrong here because the SD200 write up indicates your new cam is not fussy.

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

yep...seems to be happy with either sd or sdhc..the backwards compatible thing I suppose although of course it does not work the other way round...you cant use SDHC cards in SD devices. SDHC came about because people wanted larger sized (in GB) cards for use in camcorders etc..SD normally range from 1-2 gb whereas SDHC are at 32/64 gb now and new cards in development will go much higher than this. One thing if you do buy SDHC cards try to go for class 6 which is pricier but much higher write speeds (class 2 is 2mb/s, class 4 is 4mb/s etc.)

Al

Like this post
Wilham

Likes # 0

awest3
I bought separately two cards from Aldi last week, a 2GB and a 4GB. I now see the 2GB at £3.99 is titled PNY 1 SD, so I expect it is class 1. The other, at £6.99, is SDHC (6) 4GB, so that will be class 6.

I didn't know. Useful. Thanks. Will

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

With the Sony HDR SR10E you can insert a memory Card what does it do? Does it mean you can record more HD Videos or what???

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

as I understand it you can record to either the 40gb hard disk or to an memorystick / SD Card

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...