We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

High Definition Cam Corders

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm looking into upgrading my Sony Handy to a High Definition Cam Corder what are the best makes at the moment?

Thanks

Rob

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I've got a Panasonic which I'm well happy with.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

What Model And Where From ???

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

HDC-SD1, normal retail outlet, can't remember which one.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

You can do better than that surely ?

Like this post
LANDCRUISER

Likes # 0

have a look at QVC.com uk,they do h/d & you can try them for 30 days & if its not what you want just send it back for complete refund.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

HD Camcorders are now. and very small.
I was browsing in John Lewis only yesterday to notice this.
Perehaps if you are near one worth a visit, or a peek at their web site

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've been looking at this for a few weeks now to see if I can justify moving up from my old Sony to High Definition. It would seem that there isn't a lot to choose between Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo and Samsung. I have been reading reviews and possible getting myself confused between 1080i and 1080p etc. But it does seem that you get what you pay for in storage and low light capability. One of my concerns is editing High Def video on my PC as I don't have a Blu-Ray writer and worry that I will not be able to export it in High Def. I also gather that you need loads of HD and a good processor and RAM.
Reviews also state that it is worthwhile getting optical image stablisation.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Hiya

I'm in the same boat as you but Ild like to keep to Sony a friend of mine invested in a HandyCam HD Ile find out what it was that he had.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

The Model I was on about is the:

Sony HDR-SR10E ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that the CX105E is the newer model. I have read the reviews on it and am undecided. Currently I am not sure I can justify the change as it would seem that I would need to spend over £500 to get good results.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...