We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless sending / receiving of digital TV signal

Bamgoogled

Likes # 0

We have BT Vision on one TV and want to be able to watch (or have the kids watch) it on the second TV in the other lounge. To avoid running wiring under fireplaces and through walls, what is the best wireless way of transceiving the signal from the BT Vision box to the other TV?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Video Senders. Don't know how good they are.
click here

Like this post
Bamgoogled

Likes # 0

Another aspect of the query is - is there any way of so transceiving and also controlling the BT Vision in the second room.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I have used them in the past; can be a bit patchy, but the modern ones are probably better. I believe some of the more advanced models will also transmit IR signals back to the box.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I had the Philipps model to send DVD recordings from downstairs to upstairs. You could control the recorder upstairs, but as my house is quite large with some thick concrete walls, the signal was a bit patchy. I think you take the controller up with you. Probably ok if the distance is short and walls not too thick. In the end bought a second DVD recorder!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia