We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Homeplug/Powerline in legal dispute

dms_05

Likes # 0

The Radio Society of Great Britain is to begin legal proceedings against Ofcom over the use of HomePlug/PoweLine adaptors click here

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

click here
and the responses click here

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

The means of delivering an Internet connection over mains power lines was invented and developed by the then electricity company supplier for the North West, MANWEB (now owned by Scottish Power), in 1999.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I have some sympathy with the RSGB. Much like amateur astronomers, there hobby is spoilt by careless pollution.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

I agree. I use HomePlug and bought it on the basis it had passed various test that made it safe to use and didn't interfere with any other appliances or transmission methods. However Ofcom appear to have ignored all the regulations and allowed the sale of non-compliant adaptors.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger