We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freeview retune

simonjary

Likes # 0

Freeview users had to retune their settop boxes yesterday and there have been complaints of lost channels, crashing websites, etc.

click here

ANyone on the forum have problems retuning Freeview or know of anyone who did? Or was it all a breeze?

Like this post
tootrock

Likes # 0

Having successfully retuned I found I still had a message warning me about September 30th on Channels 30 and 31. I retuned again, with no change. This was still there yesterday (Oct 4th)

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

Panasonic EX79 DVD/Hard disk recorder (3 months old) with freeview - it prompted us to retune when we switched it on. Retuned no problem

Grundig GDT2000 (5+ years old) - retuned easily enough, but some ITV channels are named "ITV" rather than ITV3 or whatever

Proline 19" TV with Freeview (about 1 year old) - retuned no problem

Hauppage Freeview USB stick (2-3 years old) using Windows Media Centre - first time having deleted existing services and rescanned didn't work properly. It didn't seem to properly delete channels. So re-deleted services and it worked fine, although I had to update the guide to fully get it as I wanted.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

The message says if you haven't already retuned, to do so.

Like this post
Jack1978

Likes # 0

I run update (retune) on my philips DTR 1500 several times (or 1 Oct, 2, and later), but still have strange issues:
800s channels - that doesn't bother me
funny that freeview.co.uk have a page about it and suggest manual retune, but link to the document is broken
click here
anyway
some channels, like rocks&co show only some part of the day, till 6pm instead of 9pm as it supposed to be. Some channels itv1+1 or something like that doesn't work anymore. This is really annoying as all of this used to work before!
Any ideas (apart from buying new freeview box)?..
Thanks.

Jack

PS: my box always is left on standby overnight and automatic updates are on, so it receives all updates.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

I did the retune on 30th without any problem, on a Panasonic with a loop aerial and a Metronic digtial receiver plugged in - absolutely pefect up until 5th when I went into hospital.

Got out today and everything has gone to pot - TV-wise, not with me, I hasten to add. So here I am, flat on my back and unable to watch Corrie...

Any ideas, anyone, please? The aerial was perfectly capable of getting a signal between 30th and today, so what can have gone wrong??

Like this post
Me Me

Likes # 0

I've been watching tv through my pc in my living room and have a freeview flat screen tv in the kitchen for months with no problems - since 12th November I cannot get itv1, Itv2, Channel 4 & Channel 5. I retuned, rescan everything I can think of. Is there anyone having the same or similar problem.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you are just scanning for more channels this could be your problem.

On your computer try delete all channels and rescan.

TV try scanning for channels as though you just got the TV.

If the aerial cable is old check for damage, water can get into the cable and reduce the signal.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance