We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freeview retune

simonjary

Likes # 0

Freeview users had to retune their settop boxes yesterday and there have been complaints of lost channels, crashing websites, etc.

click here

ANyone on the forum have problems retuning Freeview or know of anyone who did? Or was it all a breeze?

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

Retuned three sets without a hitch.
Just the same as a first time set up.

Like this post
oldbeefer2

Likes # 0

Did a 'new installation' on my two with no probs.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Tried to upgrade mine yesterday it took a while but said that there were no upgrades available.
That suits me after hearing that we would probably loose ITV 3 and 4 I will not be trying again and will leave it the way it is.
Maybe they should have told us that this was liable to happen.A bit of a shambles I think.

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

It's the relay transmitters which will not be carrying ITV3 and ITV4 in some cases. See:

click here

for full details of the changes.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

well.

freeview built into the tv.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Re-tuned 2 digital TVs and one Freeview box with no problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Makes you laugh.Only 1% of set top boxes will no longer work a spokeswoman said.But watching on the news yesteday it amounts to a staggering 24.000 or more Boxes that will no longer work.

Like this post
oldbeefer2

Likes # 0

It wasn't an upgrade but a full retune that was required - quote from the freeview site "Because of the nature of the changes it is important to perform a full retune which will delete the existing channel line up and other settings from your box. Please check the instructions for your equipment."

Like this post
Debe

Likes # 0

No probs retuning but now ITV 3 picture freezes whilst sound carries on.
Never liked Channel 5 or wanted to watch it so disappointed that a channel that I watched regularly is now useless in exchange for one I didn't watch in the first place !!

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Couldn't receive Freeview before the change and still can't view it after the change and analogue switch off occurs here very soon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers