We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lens Filters? and Photoshop Elements 6

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Opinions on fitting a clear glass or UV filter to the front of a lens for protection.
I have a 12-24 Tokina and Canon 70-300. IS I am aware of vignetting that can be caused by filters prices do vary considerably even for clear glass.
I used UV on 35mm but I would like advice on Digital.
Anyone who uses the above lens with filters without problems let me know.
Camera Canon 40D so lenses are X 1.6.
I have a 500 page book on Photo Elements 6 and I was thinking of buying the program would this be ideal for digital work or are there others that are better.for around £45
I have Paintshop Pro 8 from years ago.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

In my experience and vignetting I have not experienced with my Olympus 3/4 system.

Photoshop 8 is a good one and most 'upgrades'I beleive are marginal for general purposes.
Certainly this has been my experience with its clone Paintshop Pro - whilst extra features abound- non are must haves - just nice to have if you think about using them- which I never do.

Certainly there are Free patches to download I would imagine

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

On the 40D it's extremely doubtful that you would get vignetting, as on a crop sensor you are only using the centre of the lens.

I'm of the opinion like many others that adding filters degrades the image, so would not dream of placing a filter on my "L" lenses.

Elements 6 as been upgraded to 8, so it's possible that v6 is no longer available.

Have a look at Serif their latest offering is very good click here

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

You may find this interesting click here

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

hssutton thanks for the thread all intresting reading.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room