We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone recommend a low £ high quality monitor?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

Can anyone recommend a low priced high quality monitor? Nothing fancy, although they all seem to be fairly thin widescreens now. Im not sure where to look online. I bought this monitor I have here second hand for £50, and its beginning to go, the screen is moving left and right ever so slightly, so i think the tubing is beginning to give up! I would like a reasonable sized screen, this one is 19", for widescreen anything similar or larger.

Obviously Im not going to get anything for £50, and dont want to opt for yet another second hand. Im assuming im looking at £100 or slightly higher for a low priced and fairly thin widescreen monitor of reasonable quality that will last? thanks for any help or items anyone has bought and/or can recommend.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Lots to choose from at Ebuyer
click here

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

There's also Scan and Dabs:

Scan (20-22in):

click here

Few 19in at Scan, probably because prices very similar to 20-22in models.

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Check out Misco just select the size of monitor that you want and “sort price low to high”

click here

You can get a 22” from £103.49 inc VAT

Viewsonic VA2213W 22 TFT Monitor £103.49 inc VAT

click here

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I forgot to mention that the cheapest I could find myself previously was an Acer 18.5 inch widescreen from argos at £79 :-
click here|category_root|Office,+PCs+and+phones|14418968/c_2/2|cat_14418968|Computers+and+monitors|14419111/c_3/3|cat_14419111|PC+monitors|14419112.htm

I would probably prefer a slightly larger screen- a widescreen at around 19" would prob feel quite small. Im not sure if the base of any widescreen monitor is adjustable or not either - most likely not, but i have a shelf directly underneath my current monitor, so a large monitor (with a high non adjustable base) could be a bad choice on my part, lol. thanks for the suggestions. on a slightly different note-ive never heard of wireless 3d glasses before (bundled with monitors at scan.co.uk to give gaming/the screen a 3d like effect)! :)

the Viewsonic 22" at £100 sounds great at misco.co.uk, they have quite a few at this price for a similar screen size- from a fair no of manufacturers. theres a 22" Digimate monitor at ebuyer also at just over £100. ive not heard of the majority of these manufacturers before though, so Im not really sure who have good reputations, or even who to avoid, when buying a monitor! I think I will definately go for a 22", as there seems to be far less 19" out there - the prices are very similar to 22" models that it doesnt seem worth going for a smaller screen anyway :) thanks

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

This offer for a 23in monitor was in e-Buyer's regular e-mail newsletter yesterday:

click here

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

theDarkness

You need to set your page setting to letter size 81/2” x 14”, as your posting is too wide and being

hidden by the ads on the forum page

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I neeeded a neew monitor afew months ago and went to MISCO, bought a HANNS G (19")for £70.

They are a bit dearer now,but that's life.
Digital and Analogue - perfect screen

Terry

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote