We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help required phillips lcd tv remote problem

jamesc17

Likes # 0

Hi,
My phillips 26pf5321 has been working fine, now the remote will not respond to the tv have tried new battery.

the tv works fine from the side and goes up in volume etc and channels. however i cant get to hdmi 1 for my playstation 3!

Ive been told it could be a circuit board sensor or something? but could this be correct if the tv is responding to the side buttons~?

i have not tried a universal remote as didnt want to buy one and it be the sensor board thing is there anyway of seeing its broken if i open up the tv?

cheers guys

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

Pound shops sell universal remotes, so hopefully it shouldn't cost more than a pound to establish if it's the TV or the remote.

Having said that, these universal remotes are far from er universal and won't fulfill every function even if they do work on the basics.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It is more likely to be the remote than the TV. Remotes are usually easy to dismantle (make sure there's not a screw hiding under the label on the back if it has one) then you can clean the PCB with a drop of alcohol or switch cleaner and look for any broken track or leads around the battery connections and the IR LED.

Like this post
jamesc17

Likes # 0

FIXED IT BROUGHT A NEW UNIVERSAL REMOTE ALTHOUGH NOW THATS WORKING THE AV BUTTON ON THAT REMOTE WONT BRING UP ANYTHING ON THE TV EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EG CHANNEL UP ETC,

I NEED TO GET TO HDMI CHANNEL :9 ANY IDEAS

ITS THE 10POUNDS UNIVERSAL FROM ASDA, 4 IN 1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made