We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Practika digit mcamera problem

conrail

Likes # 0

in May 2007 I purchesed a Practika digital camera so slightly out of warranty, today I took a photo, using the camera not the memory card unfortunately, when trying to put in the USB connector into the camera, the connection on the camera has been pushed right in so I contacted Practika for advice and have received an unhelpful email stating the following "It sounds as though you've broken it!", I know I am not a genius but I had gathered that, the problem is I need the photo taken today from the camera, anybody any ideas on what I can do, all help and advice gratefully accepted.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

Can you not insert a memory card and copy the photo to it from the cameras own memory.
There should be an option in the menus for this somewhere.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks ventanas but there is no option to copy, just had an email from practika asking me to send it back, I did ask for an estimate regarding getting the photo off or even repairing it but they just said send it back

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

If you need the photo today why ask for an estimate regarding getting the "photo off" or "even repairing it"?

Practika digital cameras used to be re-badged models from Taiwanese company Milton Optical Company, but I don't know if that's the case today as I've been unable to find a website for Milton.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks for replying Stuartli, although the photo is very important, I don't want to pay a fortune just to get it back, I want an idea on what it will cost, I have also emailed local companied to get a quote

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

there is the option of taking the camera apart and trying to connect the usb lead to the camera, depaends on what damage has been caused

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Some cameras allow you to copy pictures from the built in card to a memory card. check you instructions manual.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks BRYNIT but copy is not one of the options on the camera menu or in the manual, I have been quoted £80 to £100 for a repair, camera cost £99 so repair is not an option now but it would be great if I can recover the photo

Like this post
Stuartli

Likes # 0

That's exactly why I asked your reasons for such work when you needed the photo the same day..:-))

Can you get a pair of slim tweezers into the aperture that houses the USB socket and pull it out?

You may then be able to reconnect the USB plug and lead.

Like this post
jack

Likes # 0

Like as not Practika will simply replace it FOC or offer to replace it for nominal fee- these things do not get repaired.

Before sending it back you could try to pull the slot out as suggested - but it is likely the thing has broken off the main board.
As for the important picture?????

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

Depending on the 'Important Picture' If you have a DVD recorder attached to the tv would it not be possible to connect the camera to tv and view on screen, copy to dvd recorder and then Finalise dvd.

Take to pc, and using DVD software take a capture of the Photo.

I don't know if this will work but IF it was me I'd gigve it a shot At least I'd have a copy of the photo, even if the quality isn't as good.

D

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...