We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobiles phones which record audio

cactusjack

Likes # 0

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone here could give me some advice - my searches on google have not been fruitful!

I was looking to purchase a digital audio recording device (to record interviews, meetings, etc lasting at least 2 hours). However, I am also considering replacing my mobile phone (a 6 year old Nokia that does not have a camera).

So I thought instead of buying 2 devices, why not buy a mobile phone that can also record audio. I would buy a handset and use the phone with a Pay As You Go context in mind. I do not make many calls, but I do take pictures. So a monthly contract would not be ideal.

I looked at the iphone, which has got very good reviews in regards to doing such audio recording (click here) - but it is too expensive for me at this time.

Can anyone advise me on which other mobile phones on the market would let me do this type of audio recording (I seem to get along well with Nokia phones). I am not obsessed with high quality - as long as the recording is relatively clear, such that I can transfer the files in a common format (MP3, WAV, etc) from the phone to my PC, and then transcribe from there.

I would be most grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Like this post
Burrieza

Likes # 0

True music must repeat the thought and inspirations of the people and the time. My people are Americans and my time is today. Free Sound Effects click here

Like this post
BIG Ben strikes 10 again!

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer