We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPod touch rip off

golfpro

Likes # 0

Is the iPod touch a rip off or what? I mean for the price of the 32Gb version I could buy a superb Net Book, which would give me a hell of lot more than the iPod would. After all what is it, an iPod that you can send and receive emails with nothing more. You can't even use mobile Internet access (it doesn't have a USB port). So what use is it accept you can carry it in your pocket, Big Deal!

Like this post
steven605

Likes # 0

<a href="click here">iPod to Computer Transfer</a> has appeared for the aim that iPod users view iPod files in the computer completely.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I dont know if its been mentioned but the iphone will be avaible on other networks shortly.The phone is free,you just pay whatever the contract price will be,about £30-£35 a month.

Like this post
Ethan1982

Likes # 0

"As for the camera, no offence but any camera on any phone is well below the standard of even the most basic compact camera so all it is good for is simple picture messaging."

No offence mate but I think u live in Ancient time when the cameras on the mobile phones were just coming up as a new feature.

Now even on the basic phone you can get a decent camera. I bought a Sony Ericsson K800 three years back and with its 3.2 MPx camera the resolution and quality of the pictures in any conditions are far greater then some of the 'dedicated compact cameras' you can get that time and even now..

Latest phone from Sony Ericsson (Satio) takes a great quality pictures as well as Videos with its 12MPx camera.. don't believe me, try it in one of the shops.. The quality of images can give a serious competition to the one taken by the most digital cameras available out there.

I think you are underestimating the efforts the handset companies put in behind the development of the 'Media Devises' thesedays... I think most ppl will agree...

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

im going for the nokia n900 next, free witrh 30 a month contract, 32GB expandable to 48GB, linux based maemo OS multi desktop full flash support, 5mp xenon flash camera, up to 1gb RAM, 800x4?? resolution on 3.5 inch screen, cant wait!!

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

I'm not anti-apple - I'm pro-technology.

I love the iPods for instance, they are very reasonably priced for a bounty of high quality features. My wife has the 120GB classic from last year and I plan to get her a touch this year for our anniversary.

Adding a basic camera and phone functionality doesn't really warrant a jump in price of several hundred pounds.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I have had the iPhone since June and I luv it, best phone I have ever had. My friends have gotten the new nokia and changed it with in a week and got an iPhone. People can slag it all they want it doesnt bother me, I have had over 20 mobiles and the iPhone is so much better than any I have used in my opinion. The operating system is fast and un complicated. So intuitive that no instructions are required and I have never had to look up how to use anything about it.... apart from how the sim goes in lol.

As for the camera, no offence but any camera on any phone is well below the standard of even the most basic compact camera so all it is good for is simple picture messaging.

It baffles me how people can come on here and start topics saying how apple have got it wrong, its a huge company who are goign from strength to strength so I am thinking they know more about marketing and production than anyone on here. If you think thier products are rip offs dotn buy them.

As for Nokia I am not goign to say a bad word about them as I have had many of their phones and been happy with them, I would never go back though well not in the near future.

Like this post
golfpro

Likes # 0

I think I will stick to my Samsung SGH-G600, on "pay as you go" (I don't make many phone calls its only there if anyone wants to contact me). And my brilliant Samsung NC10 Net book (I bought in the UK in June this year) with which I use an Internet mobile dongle when I'm out and about (6GB a month for just 9 Euro a month). Most of my friends in Austria and abroad are on Skype so that doesnt cost me anything. Now that's what I call a bargain. Plus I can stick a PAYG UK Vodafone sim card into the Samsung phone on my visits to the UK and that saves me quite a bit of money. :-)

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

As for "jailbreaking" your iPhone so you can install your own stuff..... it invalidates your warranty.

Buy a phone from Apple and they dictate what you do with it.

Yeah right.

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

jimmybond in Britain o2 secured the iPhone as you know. It cost them a bucket load... in fact every other mobile company walked away, and o2 is regarded as paying too much for it - perhaps even making a loss on it.

iPhone contracts are more expensive than standard contracts.
click here

Like this post
golfpro

Likes # 0

You are correct I am not in the UK, I live in Austria. Yes I can get the iphone from Orange cheap on contract but then I wouldn't have the freedom of choice for the package I require. Or are all the packages from Apple, allocated to the dedicated suppliers of the iphone?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......