We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dongle usage

aboutit

Likes # 0

need explanation If I get a mobile broadband dongle with 3GB usage per month what exactle does this mean.If I plug the dongle into my laptop and connect but don`t go on any sites or email do I use any of the 3GB if I go onto the internet to browse for an hour how much usage, if I go to emails and read plus send 2 or 3 mail for an hour how much uasge. sorry if this sounds stupid but i just don`t know thankyou

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

click here

Just to repeat the link.... approximately 42,000 web pages or 630 songs.

Or Vodafone's sums say this: "You could surf for 100 hours, send 2000 e-mails and download 200 music tracks and 100 video clips."

from click here

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

Just make sure your firewall is upto date to stop automatic updates of your programs & OS. Best doing that via a home broadband connection.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

which I use with a laptop. The dongle comes with its own connection software that monitors your usage and keeps a weekly/monthly/annual running total, so you know exactly where you are.

I imagine all mobile dongles have a similar system.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer