We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nokia music question

ellie24

Likes # 0

I have a question about some music file. I've got an N95, that also came with a subscription to Nokia's Come with Music.This is cool cause I got a nice phone and all the music I like.But I was wondering one thing: is there any way I could burn some of that music on a cd or two?Would love make a selection and listen to it on my car as well.Any suggestion on how I could do this?

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

DRM will prevent you from ripping the music to CD.

You are only licensed to play the music on your phone. Either get some speakers to connect to the phone or an FM transmitter for your car stereo.

Like this post
ellie24

Likes # 0

Well yeah, I figured that much..But still,I'd prefer also having some cd's with some of my favorite music around in the car, just in case.Not interested in using them anywhere else, just for myself. Isn't there any way at all I could make them work?

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

>>>Isn't there any way at all I could make them work?<<<, err No.

You could Buy the tracks online, or Buy the CD's online or in Record Shops.

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

Not legally and we can't help you do it.

Like this post
ellie24

Likes # 0

Really?Why not legally?

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

Because it's illegal to remove DRM and it's illegal to copy music if you're only licensed to play it on one device.

It's not my rules... it's the law and the forum prevents members from assisting others in breaking the law.

Like this post
ellie24

Likes # 0

Well yeah, but I had no intention of breaking the law,as I said I needed them for myself anyways.Oh well...that's it

Like this post
Marjorie05

Likes # 0

Yeah, by removing the DRM, you mess with the law, but depends on what you're using, cause indeed there are many tools which crack the protection, but also there are some sorts of softs which rerecords the original files and in this way it can remove the protection. It's nothing illegal in this cause it's just like old times when we used to record music from radios on tapes. and then none said anything about this could have been ilegal....

Like this post
ellie24

Likes # 0

If you so,it's fine by me anyways. But could you give a couple more details about the legal ways I could solve my little problem with the files?

Like this post
Marjorie05

Likes # 0

hi, what I've found interesting is that tunebite thing, it seems that it just rerecords the original files, as I've already told and you can break the law. Also I saw that there are some pretty nice features very interesting

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback