We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobile phone Contract Buyout?

tein

Likes # 0

Hi, ive got a contracted mobile with Orange, its a two year deal where i recive
1200 Mins
Unlimited Text's
30 Mins Video talk

Per month, I pay £41 which includes the insurance & ive heard that some companies will buy your exsisting contract & pay you cash & offer you another contract with a better deal, does anyone know of this & can you direct me with a link please.?

Like this post
tein

Likes # 0

oh btw im 10 months into the contract!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

to Mobile World.

Like this post
tein

Likes # 0

sorry FE i should of known i didnt know there was that sub catogory?
thankx

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Phones 4u may do. They offerred to buy mine out but because it still had 9 months to go there was no gain for me. Try them, but you may be dissapointed as you have a long time to go on your contract.

As far as insurance some banks have free insurance on mobile phones. Lloyds Platinum account offers this benefit for accidental damage, loss or theft, and unauthotrised calls when stolen.
There is a monthly charge but it covers 2 phones and you also get other benefits such as free AA and travel insurance. May be worth you investigating. At leastr dropping the insurance should save you a bit hopefully.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

My mobile is covered on my House/Contents All Risks section, so I refused the Vodafone insurance.
Are you sure you are not paying twice for your phone,my Co-Op insurance is new for old and single item limit more than covers cost of mobile. But you have to watch for excess of say £50 and loss of NCD if you have it.

Like this post
btxchange

Likes # 0

Hello

Im new user for this website

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad