We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using an iphone abroad

BradBourbon

Likes # 0

Hi, I am just about to get a new phone on contract and in the end have decided to go with the iphone. CAn someone please guide me. Can i use the iphone in Europe(Greece) if so can i use the internet, for instance to go online and book car hire. This isn't very clear on o2's website, but would this be a data transfer of which it costs £3approx for 2MB. How much surfing will I get for 2MB. or will it use a different methos.

Like this post
UK Sub

Likes # 0

My O2 Nokia N95 worked exactly the same in Crete last year (Quad band) as it does here, so I can see no reason why and iPhone wouldn't.

Data usage cost a fortune (added an extra £50 to the bill just to look at a few pages/sites once or twice a week).

How much surfing? It would depend an the size of the page (and I do stand to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable on this) but I would estimate about 8-10 pages per Mb (about 100kb per page x 10). click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more