We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

does the pcadvisor site work on your mobile?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

Im on a k800i, ive found it does work for the most part, except if anyone inserts a 'click here' web link, i cannot highlight the link to select it and browse to its target website. Also, when viewing a forum sometimes 10+ of the first subjects are grouped together, so i cannot read them unless i try to click on the only one viewable to reload the page and list them all as they should. The latter is no doubt just automatically done by my phone, but the latter can surely be fixed as all other sites work on my phone?

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I meant former in the last part! I know the problem can be fixed with links by not using the site in its mobile form, since my phone will let me click on the normal version of the site via its mouse style pointer, but not using the mobile site when browsing via my phone defeats its purpose! Lol

Like this post
brundle

Likes # 0

Install Opera if you can click here . The `click here` thing still happens but it renders pages very successfully.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Sorry, i forgot to say that i am actually having the problem using the latest opera mini for my k800i

Like this post
Managing ed

Likes # 0

Thanks for this. I've passed it on to our development team. I'll let you know what I can find out. I know in general there is an issue with links that aren't hard coded, and I suspect this is related.

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

since yesterday - working OK before that

Samsung X700

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

What are you using to connect with your samsung? Is it the phones built in browser? If your phone can use java software, you should also try out opera mini for your phone.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

working again last night ;)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?