We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotmail on N96

LeedsLass

Likes # 0

I have an Nokia N96. Anyone know how I can set hotmail or Yahoo or Boltblue (any will do - or all 3 if it's capable) as the default email account(s) on the phone to save me going onto them via the web browser?

And if I do this will I get alerted (assuming my GPRS is "always on") whenever a new email pops into my inbox?

Like this post
P1d

Likes # 0

Go into Messaging, choose options, Settings, E-Mail, Choose Mailboxes, choose options, New mailbox and enter the relevant settings.

The default mailbox settings are in Messaging, choose options, Settings, E-Mail, "Mailbox in use" is the default mailbox which can be amended as necessary.

I don't keep my GPRS always on but when I download emails it makes the sound that is set in the profile under "Email alert tone" so depending on the profile used, this is the sound it would make when you receive a new email.

Hope this helps.
P1d

Like this post
LeedsLass

Likes # 0

Yeah I know how to enter the details but where do I get the details it requires, eg. POP thingy???

Like this post
P1d

Likes # 0

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

BoltBlue Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop3.boltblue.com
BoltBlue Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.boltblue.com

Not sure about Hotmail as they use http unless you pay for advanced I believe, I could be wrong as I don't use Hotmail.

Hope this helps.
P1d

Like this post
LeedsLass

Likes # 0

Hey thanx for that - I'll give them a go. Ta

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015