We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Orange Dolphin PAYG

superhoops

Likes # 0

Hi
My son got a new Orange payg mobile. I have twice since xmas put £10 credit on it. He mainly uses it for texting not phone calls. When you put on £10 you also get 300 free texts. I thought that picture messages and video messages would come out from that 300 text allowance, something like taking 4 texts each. However his credit is going down by up to 50p a time. I had told him it was ok to send them as it would come out the allowance.

I have tried to ring orange but I cant understand the person at the other end of the phone and she just doesn't want to attempt to answer a pretty straight question. Certainly on my o2 contract phone I can send video messages, and frequently do, and they come out of my 500 text allownace at the rate of 4 texts per message

Does anyone else have an orange payg? Can you answer this? Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not with Virginmedia are you.300 min talk and 300 text messages for only £10 a month.Sim card only.Or Asda's 8p a minute and 4p a text message.Gives you another couple of options if not tied to orange.I was with orange for years on pay monthly and had very good service.And once I changed to payg the service was very poor normally getting put through to foreign call centers.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I would imagine that picture messages and video messages would be chargeable.Maybe if you have an Orange Mobile shop nearby ask in there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......