We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

converting 'mp3' to 'mid' for phone

Pererin

Likes # 0

Hi Guy, I have a Samsung G600 and want to change the message tones to something more identifiable to me. Unable to hear the original of the phone. Tried to download the tones from Zdge but will not work as a message tone. Found out why as Samsung message tones are 'mid' format and not mp3 or other. All other tones work fine. Is there a way of converting the mp3 or other sound into 'mid' so the that the phone will recognize the format. Hope you can help as this is a little annoying.

In answer to the question posted by lottied if you go to view and scroll down you will be able to assign a sound and picture to the phone contact and also the group. I have done it.

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

Converting MP3 to MIODI is not easy and a hit and miss affair

There are converters out there on the internet but I never had any luck with them.

for some midi sounds for phones try click here

These can be downloaded to pc and bluetoothed to mobile.

D

Like this post
Pererin

Likes # 0

Thanks Demora will give it a go and see what happens. Next time I buy a new phone I WILL check the customize button first.

Like this post
ravindra106

Likes # 0

hey i also have'nt found anything that works.Plz tell us if you had solved this.

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

You could try some of the listed programmes here click here

But as I understand Midi has only so many points of recognition, and MP3s are much more complex. Add to this a vocal track and the whole tune is awful.

D

Like this post
zholy

Likes # 0

I've also used best Aneesoft Video Converter Pro, results were pretty good.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED