We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can anyone recommend a mobile phone thats better than average with compatibility and not too hi-end/expensive?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

If i was looking to buy a new mobile phone to browse the net thats one up from my sony ericsson k800i, not necessarily faster to browse-but more compatible.. eg able to run a few more popular web formats with audio or video, eg perhaps even being flash compatible, what could i go for, if i did not include anything hi end or too expensive? Do i still need to spend well over £100 for a more compatible net environment on the move, in situations where i do not want to take a laptop? Thanks for any info if anyone can recommend a phone that can run more formats that isnt too expensive-although i will guess there is little out there unless i opt for an iphone or similar product? Is there much competition?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Sorry But i can't recommend one but if you look through here you might find a nice one click here Just a matter of picking one and browsing to get it at the cheapest price.

Like this post
hmmmm(the original)

Likes # 0

What ever phone you get, I would say Wifi is essential. I have a nokia E51 and I find it satisfactory. I'm using opera mini instead of the phones own browser. Which is something I'd recommend anyone use for mobile browsing, providing it will run with your phone.

As far as web formats and flash go, I think you may need to wait a while for improvements. I can "Occasionally" listen to the radio 5 using real player and a wifi connection. The e51 does have a flash player, but it doesn't seem to work while browsing.

Like this post
ravindra106

Likes # 0

i think you should go for nokia 5800,its new symbian s60v5 mobile.A lot of advanced functionality & advanced apps.
Or you can go for nokia buisness phones which are quit compatible for web browsing.

Like this post
daisy24

Likes # 0

In my opinion either Sony ericsson w910i or nokia 5800 will be better stuff.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen