We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Getting email on my mobile phone

DJM

Likes # 0

I was wondering if you could help me please.

I have recently got a Nokia E71 using the 3 network and I am having real trouble getting my email to work on it.

It is a POP3 email account and I have all the settings I need but once I have set it up it either tells me I have no messages (when I know I have) or never connects (but keeps on trying for ages).

I don't know enough about mobile phones to sort this out and 3 help have been unhelpful!

One thing I was wondering is when it asks me what access point I want to use I get the choice of 'Easy WLAN' which I presume is my home wireless network which I don't want to use, '3', '3MMS' and '3DM'. I don't really understand the difference between these but have tried all of them.

I am going to try going into the 3 shop later in the week to see of they can help but ideally would like to get it sorted before then so any ideas would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad