We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Digital Home & Smartphones Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HTC syncronisation problem

Edith

Likes # 0

I have been syncronising my HTC phone with windows mobile since aquiring the phone in May this year but for some reason it will not do so today. The basic problem seems to be that the software is simply not recognising the phone. I have no reason as to why and cannot seem to access any option on the software to try something different. Wondering what the options are or has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Like this post
Edith

Likes # 0

Woolwell thank you for your interest in my problem. For some reason the syncronisation now appears to have resolved itself. I am not absolutely sure why but suspect it may have something to do with closing down my vista operating system and not disconnecting HTC first. Anyway have rebooted the pc and connected the HTC to it and syncronisation appears to be working. The mystery of technology!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Interested in this. I had no problems with my HTC and XP but as soon as I moved to Vista I had real problems. Sync was very hit and miss and HTC were unable to help. Suddenly it began to sync every time without any apparent change from me. I suspect that a windows update may have cured the problem.

Like this post
Edith

Likes # 0

Thanks but I may have resolved my isssue by "unclicking" the box in the connection tab on the HTC named"Enable advanced network functioality". This I found after my posting in the HTC handbook. Not absolutley sure it is working as before so will try your solution if I still have problems going forwrard. Many thanks for your response. Edith

Like this post
Diodorus Siculus

Likes # 0

I had a HTC S710 running WinMobile 6. I solved the problem by removing ActiveSync 4.5, rebooting and reinstalling.

Keep a backup of your PST file just to be safe.

Do you have XP or Vista?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED